I've started the process of getting artwork done for Book 2 in my Hunter's Rose series. While the book is not finished yet, I do have a solid idea of what I want illustrated.
I've received a good deal of positive feedback on the roses that are included in the interior of the novella. Therefore, you can expect to see five more in Book 2. None of the roses will be a repeat from Book 1, so new artwork all around.
When it comes to setting illustrations, Book 1 had three: The Lodge, The Mines, and The Six Axemen. For Book 2, I may increase the number of setting arts to five. I'm not sure about that yet, but it's looking good.
It can take up to two weeks for each piece, so that gives you an idea about the timeline I'm looking at. I really want Book 2 to be out next February or March, so it makes perfect sense to me to start working now. I wish I had started sooner on Book 1.
I also want to do a better job of building up to my book launch. The launch for Book 1 went much better than I ever imagined, but I think that was mostly because of the wonderful people who support me. I want to hold up my end better for Book 2.
Anyway, that's just a brief update on where I am. Oh, and I've now worked on my sequel (actually writing, not just revising) for 15 consecutive days. Some days I've gotten 1500 words, and some days I've only done 100. But I've gotten something.
And I'm very glad about that.